The European Theatre House was founded in May of 2013 in the city of Lingen (Ems), Germany. Norbert Radermacher gave the original impulse for the association.
The European Theatre House (ETH) concentrates its international projects to the core area theatre pedagogy with connection to other disciplines like professional theatre and amateur theatre in Europe.
The ETH focuses with its various projects on socio-political relevance. Europe is understood as a complex term full of suspense, which is not bound to geographical or political borders. In the encounter of research, projects, artistic research and networking, the ETH considers itself a young platform of transnational theatre impulses.
- Association Internationale du Théatre Amateur / International Amateur Theatre Association (AITA/IATA),
- European Drama Encounters / Recontres Européennes de Drama (EDERED),
- Bund Deutscher Amateur Theater e.V. (BDAT e.V.),
- Bundesverband Theaterpädagogik e.V.,
- City of Lingen (Ems),
- County Emsland,
- University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück, facility Lingen,
- Emsländische Landschaft e.V. für die Landkreise Emsland und Grafschaft Bentheim.